Sunday 1 March 2015

Ridiculously Easy Havarti Cheese & Oven Roasted Veggie Frittata

So, I like to get right into my recipes.  There I was without any chicken thawed out and dinner time approaching so what did I do?  I made a frittata!  What you will need are the following:

1 bag of carrots
1 zucchini
4 or 5 mushrooms
butter (I use natural * organic if possible)
sea salt
Moroccan spices (or whatever flavoring you prefer)
2 or 3 slices of Havarti cheese ( again, or whatever cheese you prefer)
1/4 cup milk 
 4 eggs


So first you want to peel and slice those carrots, peel and slice your zucchini, and slice your mushrooms.  Place them in your baking dish with a generous amount of butter, sprinkle with sea salt and spices, cover and place in the oven at about 180/350 for 30 to 45 minutes.  Depends on how thick your carrots are, we want them pleasantly tender.


Add a quarter cup of milk to 4 eggs and stir. 
 Top your veggies with cheese when they're out of the oven and cover with milk and egg combination.


Place, uncovered, back into oven at a lower temp, 160/300 should do, until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked.  Be careful not to burn this!  We want it nice and fluffy, not overdone.





I had chilled, sliced tomato on the side...delicious.


Look at that beautiful texture,,,mmm.


And that's it!  Super easy, quick and scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment